What I’m Making #2
July 29, 2009
Tonight I made Mojito Rubbed Grilled Chicken. Seriously people, make this. It’s easy and VERY tasty. I got the recipe from last month or the month before’s Good Housekeeping Magazine
Mojito Rubbed Grilled Chicken
* 4 medium (1 1/2 pounds) skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves
* 2 limes
* 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
* 1/4 cup(s) loosely packed fresh mint leaves, chopped
* Salt and pepper
1. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling on medium, or preheat large ridged grill pan on medium.
2. Meanwhile, with meat mallet, pound chicken (placed between 2 sheets plastic wrap) to an even 1/2-inch thickness.
3. From 1 lime, grate 1 teaspoon peel and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice. Cut remaining lime into 4 wedges; set aside. In small bowl, combine oil, lime peel, and juice.
4. Stir mint into lime mixture and pat onto both sides of chicken. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to season both sides. Place chicken on hot grill rack and cook 5 minutes or until chicken is browned on both sides and no longer pink throughout, turning over once. Serve chicken with lime wedges.